Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In my Dream

The other night, I had a dream that I was able to eat tree nuts without an anaphylactic reaction.  It was the strangest allergy dream that I have had!  Usually, when I have a dream, I still always have my same allergies.  This was the first time where I was actually eating nuts in my dream without a reaction.  I do remember in my dream feeling nervous, wondering why it was okay that I could eat these nuts all of a sudden.   

When I woke up I was perplexed by the dream.  How come I could eat nuts in my dream?  Why now was I suddenly having a dream where I was physically eating nuts, and it was okay?

I suppose part of me is always hoping that a cure will come, where I will be able to eat tree nuts, and anything else that I want to eat.  It is always such a nice thought to me to envision life where I have the possibility to try anything I want to try.  The feeling of walking into a store or a bakery, pointing to something delicious, and being able to eat it. I know it sounds strange to non-Allergic Reactors, but that feeling is almost unimaginable. 

With all of the studies being done around the world, I do have hopes that one will someday make these dreams a serious reality!

2 comments:

  1. I know the exact feeling you described of just being able to walk into a bakery & order whatever you wish! Maybe someday! Although, if there was a cure, I don't think I could bring myself to eat nuts again. It would be nice to not worry about cross-contamination, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay,
    Yes! I definitely agree! I don't know that I could either, but it would be nice to not worry about it at least!

    ReplyDelete